It’s that time of the week again – shoes off, feet on the scales, and a crucial number blinking back from the display. If that number is more than you were expecting it can be disappointing, but how you deal with it is key to seeing those pounds coming right back off.
Shed the guilt
When we go off track, our tendency, as human beings, is to beat ourselves up about it. We might tell ourselves that we’re ‘useless’ and that we may as well forget Food Optimising – we’ve blown it now! If we let it, it could sabotage our success from there on.
Having a weight gain now and again is normal – we’re all human after all! Knowing how to put it behind us is key to learning lifelong healthy habits.
Imagine your week like a bunch of seven beautiful roses. If one (rose/day) dies are you really going to throw out the whole bunch? Don’t let a bad day ruin your whole week. By making a better choice as often as possible the pounds will creep away. But be KIND to yourself!
I’ve had my fair share of weight gains on my journey, had I given up at the first instance I would not have reached my target!
Where did it go wrong?
The key to getting the scales moving downward again is to look hard for something you might be missing. That doesn’t mean blaming yourself or telling yourself you’re a failure. It should be a positive process, which leaves you feeling stronger and more confident.
- What time of day do you find the most tricky
- Which day-to-day situations do you struggle with
- Is there anything you’ve done differently from your first week (or another great weight loss week)
- Speed Free Foods – do your meals contain at least a third of a plate
- Are you measuring your Healthy Extras
- What Syns do you enjoy and are you counting them (all of them)
How you can get back on track. Below are some suggestions from fellow slimmers
- Stay to group, measure yourself (a good Non Scale Victory), go back to basics, plan, write a food diary and enjoy lots of Speed Free Food.
- Get rid of any guilt. If you fall ‘off plan’ get right back on it (rather than thinking ‘I’ve messed up today, I’ll start again tomorrow’). Always stay to group; it’ll help you stay focused on the week ahead.
- Stick a before & after photo on your fridge – it’ll remind you of how far you’ve come!
- Try new foods and recipes packed with lots of Speed Free Foods.
- Do a food diary and give Body Magic a go!
- Ask your Consultant if you can join in the New Member Talk. You may think you know it all but you could be doing something wrong without realising.
- Remind yourself of how far you’ve travelled on the road to a slimmer, happier life, and how much closer to the destination you are.
- Make a commitment to yourself; decide here and now that no matter what, you’ll Food Optimise 100% for the next week. Next time you step on the scales, you’ll see just what Food Optimising can do for you and you’ll feel fabulous.