I came across this Jamie Oliver recipe the other day and thought I’d give it a go at making it Slimming World friendly. It was really easy to do and very filling. This recipe would work really well if you are following Extra Easy SP, all you need to do is skip the spaghetti as the rest of the ingredients are all Speed or Protein rich food.
Time Taken: 45-60 minutes
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes (without the juice, save the juice for a curry/pasta based dish)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium leeks, sliced
- 5 sticks of celery, chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 small white cabbage, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1lt chicken/vegetable stock (use more if needed)
- a handful of spaghetti, cut into small pieces
- tin of mixed beans
- a handful of chopped fresh basil
- chilli flakes, optional
- 1cal cooking spray oil
Spray a large pan with plenty of 1cal spray oil and cook the carrots, leeks, celery, onion, garlic and rosemary over a medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further couple of minutes.
Add the stock and bring to the boil before adding the cabbage and cook for a further 10 minutes, covered on a low heat. Add the spaghetti, the mixed beans and the basil and cook for a further 8-10 minutes till the spaghetti is cooked. Add chilli flakes and season to taste.