Last night I attended the English Curry Awards event held at the Birmingham Conference and Events Centre. Now in its 9th year, the evening event honoured those who work their hardest to perfect every meal and provide the best possible dining experience.
It was a well organised event by Oceanic Consulting. The atmosphere was fun and buzzing, and the host Tommy Sandhu kept us entertained.
The food on the night was catered by Saffron Events UK and it did not disappoint. Everything was delicious.
Thank you to the team at Oceanic Consulting for inviting me to the event, I’ll love to be there again for the next one!
Below are the winners for all the different categories, some that I’ve not heard of before but will be visiting at some point for sure. Have you visited any of them? Do you agree with the winners? Share your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check out my highlights of the night over on my Instagram page @rahema_m
Huge congratulations to all the winners:
- Outstanding Restaurant of the Year – Prana Indian Restaurant (Cambridge)
- The Best of Manchester Award – Asha’s Restaurant
- The Best of Birmingham – Pushkar Cocktail Bar and Dining
- Best Team of the Year – Indique (Manchester)
- Best Restaurant Design & Ambience – Taj Tandoori (Cambridge)
- Vegetarian Restaurant of the Year – Chai Paani (Leicester)
- Nepalese Restaurant of the Year – The Great Kathmandu Restaurant (Manchester)
- Bangladeshi Restaurant of the Year – Little Bangla (Oldbury)
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year – Navadhanya (Cambridge)
- Street Food Restaurant of the Year – Dhaba at Fifteen (Norwich)
- Best Customer Service – Rumi by Bukhara (Liverpool)
- South Indian Restaurant of the Year – Tharavadu (Leeds)
- General Manager of the Year – Heritage India (Leicester)
- Special Recognition Award – Calcutta Club (Nottingham)
- Pakistani Restaurant of the Year – My Lahore Cafe (Birmingham)
- New Restaurant of the Year – Dehli 6 (South Shields)
- Curry Entrepreneur of the Year – Sam Alhuwalia (Horley)
- Curry Queen of the Year – Bollywood Junction (Milton Keynes)
- Critic’s Choice Restaurant of the Year – Shikara (Whitley Bay)
- Takeaway and Home Delivery of the Year – Chutney Express Takeaway (Birmingham)
- Chef of the Year – The Original Third Eye (Manchester)
- Caterer of the Year – Anu Caterers (Basingstoke)
- Most Wanted Restaurant of the Year – Urban Tandoor (Bristol)
- Restaurant of the Year – Spice Lounge Restaurant (Mildenhall)