This soup is perfect for those of you that like smooth soups. To make this even easier you can buy pre chopped chunks of butternut squash from most large supermarkets.
Time Taken: 30 minutes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges.
- 1 small potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 900ml vegetable stock
- A few thyme sprigs to serve
Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat, add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the butternut squash and potato and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the garlic and season to taste. Pour in the stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
Using a hand-blender or food processor, blend until smooth and serve sprinkled with thyme sprigs.